This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
Apply with Job ID #DS921279
Do you want to be part of an exciting new Institute focused on the fusion of human and machine intelligence into working AI solutions?
They are launching a pioneering research and innovation hub in AI—one that will shape the way humans and machines collaborate. The Institute is built around the challenges and opportunities made possible by human-machine collaboration. They provide a framework to design, implement, and scale AI-driven technologies in ways that make a true difference to society. Their ability to respond to the opportunities afforded to society will depend on training and building a workforce that is AI-capable. Located in Portland, Maine, with the goal of growing the Maine tech economy, the Institute will be a center of activity for the Institute’s efforts.
Our partner is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Their world-renowned experiential approach empowers their students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
This role collaborates with researchers and data scientists from various fields including Applied Analytics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Genomics, Health Data Analytics, Law & Ethics, Neuroscience, and Therapeutics discovery. General research and interpersonal skills are especially valued. They are building a new team together to deliver the true promise of AI, which lies at the intersection of humans and intelligent machines.
They are committed to the highest of standards in all that they do. Offering opportunities, an environment, a culture that just isn’t found together anywhere else. This is the right place for you if you’re curious, motivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problemsivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problems.
In this role, you will be responsible for building out key components of data ingestion and transformation, using a combination of strong Java/Scala development skills as well as Big Data processing technologies. As a member of the team, you will be expected to take ownership of individual platform components and help set the vision and architecture for it. In the process, you will identify the requirements of new features, and propose design and drive the solution.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar disciplines and 5 or more years of professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill
Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience and deep understanding of Big Data processing technologies like Hadoop, Spark, HBase, MapReduce is a must.
• Expertise in Hive, Impala, and NiFi
• Expertise with Cloudera distributions like Cloudera Distribution Hadoop (CDH), Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), Cloudera Data Flow (CDF), etc.
• Expertise in Java, Scala, and multi-threaded programming
• Experience in Spark modules specifically the core, streaming, and SQL
• Knowledge of the data management eco-system including Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
• Experience with cloud and data platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, etc. is a definite plus
• Experience in Apache Kafka, stream processing frameworks like Apache Flink
• Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources.
• Experience in Relational databases and NoSQL databases
Values & Abilities:
• Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype, and propose software design and solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively across academia and industry.
• Team-player who can collaborate effectively across many teams within the University.
• Open-minded and assertive when collaborating and working within their team and with other groups within the University.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to navigate complex structures and processes.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1