Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, they’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
They build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Their team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, they are masters of their own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
As a member of the Data Science team, you will develop and investigate hypotheses, structure experiments and build mathematical models to identify game optimization points that will encourage users to play their games more often, over longer periods of time, resulting in higher lifetime values. They are looking for a sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individual who has a passion for mobile gaming, data mining and mathematical modeling. They are building a unique technology platform dedicated to the operation and real-time optimization of free to play games. They are changing the gaming industry!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyze and optimize all aspects of MZ Game Studio games, providing actionable insights in real-time
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges in order to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypothesis
- Work in a collaborative team environment with other highly skilled specialists in gaming, statistics, machine learning, and engineering
- Influence development teams to implement tools, features and/or designs – success is measured in % monetizing, retention, time spent in the game, and lifetime value
- Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the team
- Drive and lead data science related products
Your Background And Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, specific experience with social games or mobile apps strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher in Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Graduate degrees preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Solid understanding of statistical modeling / predictive analysis/ machine learning / data mining / recommender system concepts
- Proficient with Hadoop and Spark
- Proficient with Python or Scala for model development under Spark
- Proficient with R, Python or equivalent for data modeling and analysis
- Proficient with SQL
- Strong product sense, exceptional in project management, strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1