This is a post on behalf of the AIPlus hiring partner.
Apply with Job ID #DSf0dea6
Do you want to be part of an exciting new Institute focused on the fusion of human and machine intelligence into working AI solutions?
They are launching a pioneering research and innovation hub in AI—one that will shape the way humans and machines collaborate. The Institute is built around the challenges and opportunities made possible by human-machine collaboration. They provide a framework to design, implement, and scale AI-driven technologies in ways that make a true difference to society. Their ability to respond to the opportunities afforded to society will depend on training and building a workforce that is AI-capable. Located in Portland, Maine, with the goal of growing the Maine tech economy, the Institute will be a center of activity for the Institute’s efforts.
Our partner is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Their world-renowned experiential approach empowers their students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
This role collaborates with researchers and data scientists from various fields including Applied Analytics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Genomics, Health Data Analytics, Law & Ethics, Neuroscience, and Therapeutics discovery. General research and interpersonal skills are especially valued. They are building a new team together to deliver the true promise of AI, which lies at the intersection of humans and intelligent machines.
They are committed to the highest of standards in all that they do. Offering opportunities, an environment, a culture that just isn’t found together anywhere else. This is the right place for you if you’re curious, motivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problemsivated by the future of technology and want to be part of a unique community that works on high-impact business and societal problems.
This position supports the Institute in delivering data science and AI projects and expertise to its industry partners and researchers. Assist in delivering data science and AI courses and professional development programs to learners from across the University and industry. Help build AI products that will solve the most pressing issues for organizations including Responsible AI. Be part of a fast-growing team that will develop and maintain a cutting-edge data platform, acquire data sets for research and education purposes and uses data science strategically to support the Institute’s mission.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar disciplines and 5 or more years of professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with statistical computer languages such as Python or R.
• Proficiency with relational database systems (SQL) and object-based data stores.
• Advanced applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Professional experience with developing machine learning solutions and applying them in real-world scenarios.
• Proficient in Git and version control.
• Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
• Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods. Preferred Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Artificial Intelligence.
• Experience with distributed data systems such as Apache Hadoop.
• Expertise in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools.
• Proficiency in Linux and version control software (git).
• Familiarity with Object-Oriented programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development practices. Values & Abilities:
• Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, prototype, and propose software design and solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Drive to learn new technologies, statistical methods, and data manipulation techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively across academia and industry.
• Team-player who can collaborate effectively across many teams within the University.
• Open-minded and assertive when collaborating and working within their team and with other groups within the University.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to navigate complex structures and processes.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1