Sr. Data Scientist – 26485
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
Nielsen is the largest measurement company in the world with unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work. We focus on what consumers watch, listen to, and buy in over 95 countries.
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Senior Data Scientist role in the Digital Product team provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of digital media measurement.This is an ideal position to grow as a researcher, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
The Digital Product team within the Data Science Global Media organization focuses on improving and enhancing Nielsen’s highly successful products out in the marketplace for digital advertising and content measurement. As part of this exciting team, this position will focus on developing new methodologies and data optimization and correction techniques to measure digital audience across platforms in order to enhance or expand the data delivered to clients.
This position requires a detail-oriented person who has experience in big data analysis using multiple data sources and statistical research, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to problem-solve, work independently on critical initiatives and see the big picture are keys to success in this position.
- Master’s in statistics, quantitative social sciences, economics, operations research, or hard sciences (e.g. engineering, computer science, biology, physics, etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- OR 3-5 years of work experience focusing on the following:
- Creating, organizing, analyzing, and correcting very large datasets using statistical models
- Coding in data science-related programming languages; required experience with Python
- Proficiency in SQL & big data technologies.
- Leading and managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience working in teams
- Industry knowledge of digital audience/media measurement
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Experience working with global cross-functional teams of various sizes
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Experience working with cloud based technologies (e.g. Databricks)
- Develop new methodologies to measure cross-platform audience on new digital
- devices and platforms, leveraging data from multiple sources (including 3rd party)
- Evaluate quality and accuracy of data from these sources, using statistical models and existing Nielsen data assets
- Develop methodologies and processes to continuously track data quality and correct any “noise”
- Develop processes to implement, maintain, and enhance these methodologies in client-facing products
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert with key internal stakeholders (e.g. application development, engineering, client business partners)
- Stay up to date on industry changes to digital measurement (e.g., new devices and platforms, privacy laws updates, changes in browser/app measurement, etc.) and critically assess how it would impact Nielsen measurement.
- Engage in discussions on strategic direction of product from a client perspective.
- Stay informed of new research and developments in the field
- Confidently represent Data Science methods and approaches to internal and external partners and clients.
- Participate in internal and external knowledge exchanges (conferences, workshops, webinars).
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations: CA – Sunnyvale, CA – San Francisco, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1