Sr. Data Scientist – 34627
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is the largest measurement company in the world with unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work. We focus on what consumers watch, listen to, and buy in over 95 countries.
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Senior Data Scientist role in the Digital Data Science team provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of digital media measurement.This is an ideal position to grow as a researcher, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in digital methodology and cross-platform audience measurement.
This position requires a detail-oriented person who has experience in big data and statistical analysis using multiple data sources, and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to problem-solve, work independently on critical initiatives and see the big picture are keys to success in this position.
- Master’s in statistics, quantitative social sciences, economics, operations research, or hard sciences (e.g. engineering, computer science, biology, physics, etc.) with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- OR 3-5 years of work experience focusing on the following:
- Creating, organizing, analyzing, and correcting very large datasets using statistical models
- Coding in data science-related programming languages; required experience with Python
- Proficiency in SQL, cloud based & big data technologies.
- Leading and managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience working in teams
- Industry knowledge of digital audience/media measurement
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems
- Experience working with global cross-functional teams of various sizes
- Experience with machine learning techniques
- Develop new methodologies to measure cross-platform audience on new digital devices and platforms, leveraging data from multiple sources (including 3rd party)
- Evaluate quality and accuracy of data from both internal and external sources, using statistical models and existing Nielsen data assets
- Act as a liaison and subject matter expert with key internal stakeholders (e.g. application development, engineering, client business partners)
- Stay up to date on industry changes to digital measurement (e.g., new devices and platforms, privacy laws updates, changes in browser/app measurement, etc.) and critically assess how it would impact Nielsen measurement.
- Engage in discussions on strategic direction of product from a client perspective.
- Confidently represent Data Science methods and approaches to internal and external partners and clients.
- Participate in internal and external knowledge exchanges (conferences, workshops, webinars).
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com .
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: NY – New York City, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1