Sr. Data Scientist – Audience Measurement – 36033
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is the largest measurement company in the world with unique measurement technologies, assets, and data that make it one of the most interesting and challenging places for a data scientist to work. We focus on what consumers watch, listen to, and buy in over 95 countries.
Data Science is core to what Nielsen does, and our research projects have high visibility in directly affecting the results of our business and our clients. This Senior Data Scientist role in the Audience Measurement organization provides an opportunity to contribute to methodological innovation in the exciting and fast-changing world of media measurement.This is an ideal position to grow as a researcher, contribute to innovative products, and develop subject-matter expertise in television audience measurement methodology and big data integration into existing local products.
The Big Data and Panel Integration team within the Data Science Audience Measurement organization is responsible for enhancing Nielsen’s highly successful traditional television audience measurement products. This position will develop and deploy new methodologies to measure audiences across platforms and integrate new data assets into Nielsen’s existing methodologies.
- Own reproducible data science projects end-to-end
- Deploy and maintain data pipelines and models in a production environment
- Work with cross-functional teams to productionize, validate, and optimize methodologies
- Provide technical mentorship
- Communicate research findings to varying audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with python, Spark, SQL, Unix, git, and AWS (S3 and EC2)
- 3-5 years research experience in a business setting
- Masters degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, social sciences, or biological/physical sciences
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1