Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. They connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For their over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
They’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
At Wish, their Data Science & Engineering team is composed of Data Scientists, Data Analysts & Data Engineers who focus on centralizing corporate data in order to gain insights, knowledge, and scalability, that empower a proactive and rigorous analysis of key business indicators. Their mission is to derive wisdom from data via the application of Data Science.
Wish has exciting opportunities for talented Data Scientists on their Buyer Side (Product) data science team. This is a unique opportunity to experiment with a 500 million-strong consumer base that draws 100+ million MAU. Successful candidates will have extensive backgrounds in quantitative fields and significant experience with experiment design and execution at scale.
They have the following exciting REMOTE US/Canada opportunity within the Data Science team:
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively develop insights and models to help them understand user behavior, identify opportunities, and make better product decisions.
- Lead the design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments that shape decision-making across the company
- Propose, test, and implement new experimentation methodologies, causal-inference approaches that can sharpen their product decision-making process.
- Research, identify and implement new frameworks to better measure the success of their products and shape their strategy
- Mentor junior data scientists on how to use more advanced methods and solve business problems
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- A minimum of 5 years of Data Science experience in technology or research industry.
- Proficient in Python or R
- Deep statistical skills utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- An advanced ability to translate business questions into analysis and experiments that yield business insights and shape the company strategy
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects in applying quantitative techniques to improve a product or business.
- 7+ years of work experience in the technology or research industry.
- Domain expert in one of the fields: statistics, machine learning, optimization, and economics.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. They provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. They do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1