Slack is hiring an experienced data scientist on their Research & Analytics team. You’ll join their team of experts using a variety of data science and research methods to partner with key decision-makers within the company. You’ll craft narratives that help them understand their users and their product and inform and influence decisions.
As an experienced data scientist, you will help to make Slack’s Research + Analytics team best-in-class by advocating for and implementing changes to the process, tools, and systems. You will be a strong partner to researchers with varying backgrounds, including design researchers, market researchers, and survey scientists.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—they look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In their work together they aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Will Be Doing
- Partnering closely with our “Enterprise” Product team to explore and understand Slack’s Enterprise Product and business.
- Applying various data science methods such as causal inference, experiments, machine learning, modeling, and forecasting to understand the most important aspects of their product, users, and business.
- Organizing disparate facts and findings into powerful narratives that have the broadest possible application within Slack.
- Evangelizing evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision-makers, and driving general accessibility of data and insights.
- Identify and drive improvements to the execution of the full Research + Analytics team through standardization of process and authoring best practices.
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of professional industry experience doing quantitative analysis. An advanced degree (MS, Ph.D.) in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics) a plus.
- A consistent record of using data to drive product, sales, and/or marketing teams to achieve ambitious goals and influencing outcomes, preferably in the Enterprise space.
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analysis to a broad audience
- Expertise in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R).
- Expertise in designing and testing experiments.
- Experience working with data technologies that allow effective storage and analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, S3, etc).
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses, and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where they learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. They welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. They are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1