Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world’s leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more,” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot is one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. We invest in the development and growth of our people, and in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
Our team’s mission is to creatively solve problems related to iRobot’s data sources and bring data-driven intelligence to our customers. As a senior member of our team, we’ll expect you to have a strong background in applying probability and statistics to robot logs and data (and to have a deep understanding of the assumptions involved in building your models), as well as defining a problem and evaluating the effectiveness of different techniques in solving these problems. Experience with statistical modeling, signal processing, or other advanced methods on time-series data would make a you a very attractive candidate. With regards to computing skills, we’re looking for someone with deep understating of computer science who can manipulate and quickly prototype solutions that work on wide or deep data sets in a clear and (preferably) interactive manner. Experience with Python, C++, the MQTT standard, and AWS tools are also highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company and on our team.
Our team’s mission is to creatively solve problems related to iRobot’s data sources and bring data-driven intelligence to our customers. As a member of our team, we’ll expect you to have a good background in applying probability and statistics to real data (and to have an understanding of the assumptions involved in building your models), as well as defining a problem and evaluating the effectiveness of different techniques in solving these problems. Experience with financial/statistical modeling, signal processing, or other advanced methods on time-series data would make a you a very attractive candidate. With regards to computing skills, we’re looking for someone with a solid understating of Python programming, and who can manipulate and quickly prototype solutions that work on large data sets in a clear and interactive manner.
About The Job
- Use strategic data analysis and research to solve problems for iRobot’s internal customers
- Automate logs parsing, implement monitoring, communicate findings and highlight interesting slices
- Develop APIs for engineers to self-service around parsing of data
- Program working prototypes in Python and expand on POCs/MVPs to build resilient solutions
- Review and iterate on the system with internal software engineer customers
- Continuously push the edge of what we can deliver to our internal customers in a cost-effective manner
- Educate the organization on analytical techniques and their applicability within iRobot’s software development
- Interact with internal customers on a regular basis, both to sell new ideas and elicit feedback on old ones
- Work as part of a fun team
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with 5-10 years of experience working in a data-heavy and technical environment
- You also have excellent computer skills, including solid knowledge of C++, Python, SQL, the MQTT standard, AWS tools, and relevant tools/packages
- You have deep understanding of programming concepts, modeling frameworks, statistical theory, and the disciplines of data science and software engineering
- Ideally, you also have experience with data–driven predictive model development, unstructured data mining, and anomaly and novelty detection.
- Graduate-level background in data science, statistics, or software development
- You have the ability to balance the demands of multiple projects simultaneously
- You have a desire to mentor junior teammates and cherish seeing them grow professionally
- You have a sense of humor, and enjoy solving puzzles
- You have rich communication skills to explain complex solutions to non-Data Science peers
- You are self-motivated and are able to work in a dynamic, delivery-focused environment
Above And Beyond
- Pleasantly surprise us!
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1