As a Senior Data Scientist for the Transit team, you will be responsible for understanding the performance of Transit products through data, including developing algorithms, finding insights and discovering new trends and engagement obstacles. You will need to have a solid foundation in machine learning, data analysis, relating it to business problems, and communicating results with product managers and decision-makers in a clear and actionable fashion.
What You’ll Do
- Bring strong technical expertise to help build Transit products to serve customer needs.
- Provide analysis using mathematical and operations research modeling tools to improve business processes and decisions.
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for action.
- Build models and apply optimization algorithms to improve product offerings.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, and marketing.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience. Management/Tech lead experience is a plus.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative disciplines. Alternatively, a BS with 5 or more years of experience in relevant fields.
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, and analytics.
- Experience in experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and analysis, causal inference.
- Coding proficiency and ability to develop statistical analysis and algorithm prototyping.
- Knowledge of Routing or Motion Planning algorithms is a plus.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute on decisions
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner
- Great communication and organization skills
About The Team
Everyday riders take over 3 billion trips on Public Transportation, making Mass Transit vastly larger than Ride Sharing. Uber is committed to building partnerships with cities to harness and modernize the power of Mass Transit for the sake of their cities and riders. Uber Transit seeks to provide transit agencies and transit riders with the best possible mass transit experience – saving time, reducing costs and gaining efficiencies. Imagine a future where Bikes, Buses, Trains, Subways, Ferries, UberPool, Scooters, and UberX seamlessly interconnect to lower cost, reduce congestion and cut pollution.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1