You will be working as part of the Marketplace Dynamics Data Science team focusing on Pricing algorithms at Uber Freight. Your work will expand their ability to price in sparse markets, and strengthen UF’s ability to do better than market rates in dense markets. You will work on developing models that will incorporate internal cost data, real-time supply signals, fuel-costs, shipper feedback on rates, and price signals from various product offerings. You will explore various statistical techniques and own models development that relies on internal data across Freight areas.
What You’ll Do
- Bring strong technical expertise to help drive profitability at Uber Freight
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize their business impact
- Be creative – relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team to generate enthusiasm
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Mentor team members and provide technical guidance
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results.
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Data Science
- Strong educational background in Statistics (Masters in Statistics required, Ph.D. preferred).
- Experience in developing Bayesian-based models, and Spatio-temporal forecasts
- Strong business acumen and ability to work with business leadership.
- You have strong experience with programming in R/Python and SQL.
- Experience in building Algorithms from scratch and take it to production in a scalable way
- You have a rock-star-like ability to communicate insights from complex “black-box” models to C-level and working-level peers, and the ability to defend algorithm choices to industry experts
- You have the ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics
- You follow a strong adherence to metrics-driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
Bonus Points If
- Experience in developing Marketplace algorithms or Pricing algorithms in a marketplace.
- Good knowledge of designing and implementing marketplace experimentation techniques.
- You enjoy reading academic papers and implementing experimental systems
- You have experience presenting at industry-recognized ML conferences as well as being published in the field.
Job ID #1100157
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1