Machine learning has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. They are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, is looking for Data Scientists to join the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) technical team. You will have opportunities to innovate in a fast-paced organization that contributes to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on devices and the cloud. You will be working with large data sets of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You’ll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience.
They’re looking for top ML data scientists capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for challenging problems.
The Primary Responsibilities Of This Role Are To
- Assist customers by being able to deliver a ML / DL project from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
- Use Deep Learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras to help our customers build DL models.
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning, content ranking, and anomaly detection.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes.
- Work closely with account team, research scientist teams and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms.
- Travel for face-to-face customer engagements, internal conferences, and industry events.
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Knowledge of SparkML, ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools
- Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
- Experience giving data presentations
- PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 8+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
- Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1