Sr. Data Scientist – 32910
Data Science – USA Chicago, Illinois
Oil of Olay, Miller Lite, Coca Cola and Tide. What do they all have in common? They are all national brands for manufacturing companies that collaborate with Nielsen to drive their business and grow their portfolios. Nielsen’s Data Science Team works with these companies to provide insights and thought leadership. Our work helps clients set pricing strategies, launch new products and determines what products you ultimately see on the shelf and online. Team members are experts within their categories and Nielsen solutions and are viewed as trusted partners by our clients.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join our team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, the voice of Nielsen at our clients.
When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion.
This hands-on position takes a leading role in the creation of sophisticated data mining and machine-learning strategies designed to maximize the value of our data and our clients’ investments
Enable better decisions using the data (e.g. mkt dynamics)
Help solve client challenges (e.g. performance mgmt., product or methodology evolution POC)
- Support on translating Clients’ requirements to actionable solutions
- Bachelors degree (Masters Preferred) in Statistics, Operations Research, or Econometrics with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- In depth knowledge of the advanced techniques and tools common to the data science world such as MLlib and Scikit-learn
- Experience with implementing solutions in a cloud-based environments such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Domain in managing clients and proven experience of solving complex client requirements
- Domain expert in all these areas: Linear regression, Time series Regression, K mean, Neural Networks, Decision trees, Classification, etc.
- Demonstrates experience in statistical techniques, market research methodologies, research processes, operations as well as knowledge of the complexity of consumer businesses and client needs.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to present and explain methodological and operational solutions to executive leadership
- Proficient in Python, R or other statistical packages. (SAS and/orSPSS are Insufficient)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and CI/CD workflows including github, Jenkins, Travis CI, and Docker Swarm
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1