At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let me know by completing this form.
About The Role
They’re looking for a Sr Decision Scientist to join their Global Marketing team to provide data expertise as they build brand affinity, growth, retention, and engagement of the riders, eaters, and drivers/couriers on the Uber platform. The Sr. Decision Scientist is a specialist in the design and development of highly effective and highly measurable marketing programs. You will collaborate cross-functionally to influence the creation and development of global and regional initiatives that achieve business/marketing objectives, while being highly measurable—via studies that demonstrate causality as much as possible, with both brand (the upper funnel) and business (lower funnel) metrics.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for the art and science of marketing; and for improving the analytical insights and technology used by marketing leaders to achieve their bold company goals. You will help address the sophisticated challenges of marketing effectiveness, return on investment, experimental design, contact strategy, consumer behavior, product design, and marketing channel effectiveness.
The Sr. Decision Scientist has strong management and leadership experience while being hands-on with statistical data analysis, experimental test design, data gathering/pipelines/manipulation, communication of results, and cross-functional partnership/influence. The Sr. Decision Scientist will bring experience with consumer marketing (online and off), A/B testing, sentiment measurement, and audience analysis in order to drive significant business impact.
As a member of the Marketing Data Science and Analytics organization, you will not only work with data but will help define the way marketing is crafted, measured, and improved. You’ll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with marketing managers, product managers, performance marketing, data science, and researchers to design, influence, execute, measure and improve marketing initiatives and product experience.
- Develop quantitative analyses, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision-making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to) consumer segmentation, adoption, lifecycle, retention, lifetime value, usage, engagement, and return on investment.
- Provide insights to marketing leadership on the cost to acquire users, the value of digital engagement, and the cross-channel impact of media.
- Translate data insights into recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and enhanced marketing effectiveness.
- Produce presentations, charts, and executive summaries that clearly communicate findings to internal partners.
- Explain sophisticated modeling approaches in simple terms and develop compelling narratives that connect data analysis with business problems.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track performance trends, and provide measurable insights to executive leadership.
- Use scientific methods to establish causal relationships between marketing actions and consumer behavior and sentiment.
- Champion technical solutions to make the work of the decision science team more effective and scalable.
- Partner closely with the marketing teams responsible for campaign development, analysis, cohorting, experiment design, segmentation, critical metric measurement, and more. Collaborate on project planning/prioritization, data prioritization, etc.
- Mine data and analytics at the customer level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including the impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Develop dashboards that provide reliable insights and visualization into the rider and channel performance relative to critical metrics, projections, and historical performance.
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multivariate Tests to provide measurable insights on test data.
- Present findings to management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Use tools such as Google Sheet, Smart Sheet, Jupyter notebooks, and many internal tools to work efficiently at scale.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- At least 7+ years of analytical and database experience, including 4+ years of media and advertising analytics experience and a deep understanding of media data.
- Excellent programming skills in SQL.
- Familiarity with A/B Testing.
- Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools (e.g Jupyter notebooks, Hive, Presto, Vertica, Tableau)
- Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- Speed, resourcefulness and a go-getter demeanor. Moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of their team.
- Willing to supply new insights and articulate them to a variety of partners vs executing on existing ones
- A commitment to learning – deliver impact while investing in themselves and others. They don’t get better by standing still, so you will need to consistently seek to innovate and raise the bar
- A love of data – you just go get the data you need and turn it into an insightful story. You know how to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1