Snap Inc. is a camera company. They believe that reinventing the camera represents their greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Their products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
They’re looking for a Research Engineer to join Snap’s Computational Imaging Research Lab in NYC! The mission of the lab is to create hardware and/or software approaches to computational imaging that enable new photographic functionalities and experiences that go beyond what is possible with traditional cameras and image processing methods. Their goal is to empower their users with new tools that allow them to communicate with each other more efficiently and in more creative ways than possible today.
They are looking for a highly innovative, motivated, and self-directed researcher. Working closely with other researchers and their engineering teams, you will tackle unique technical challenges such as developing techniques to enhance existing products, create new products, deploying algorithms to handle their scale, and improving the experience on Snapchat for millions of people every day. In addition to impacting the company via products, researchers are encouraged to publish their results in top-tier journals and conferences.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new imaging technologies that enhance visual communication on both handheld and wearable devices
- Develop new technologies that make it easier for users to interact with devices and well as for devices to interact with other devices
- Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
- Collaborate with the researchers and engineers to make important product decisions
- Develop skills to inspire and manage small or large groups of researchers and engineers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform research that is justified and guided by business opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Collaborative, positive, and team-oriented mindset
- Hands-on research experience and fast prototyping skills
- Ph.D. in a technical field such as computer science or electrical engineering with expertise in computational imaging, computational photography, or computer vision or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of research or industry experience
- 5+ years of research or industry experience
- Track record of innovative work in the area of computational imaging
- Experience or familiarity with imaging optics, illumination techniques, image processing, computer vision, and computer graphics
- Successful record of publication in relevant top-tier international research venues
At Snap, they believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable them to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1