Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; La Jolla, CA; or Spring House, PA with up to 10% travel. Consideration will be given to candidates in New York, NY.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Their ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. They have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas. They are looking for an outstanding Senior Scientist with a focus on Computer Vision.
- Conceive, develop and implement analytics solutions to high-priority scientific problems
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies and internal scientific and data science teams
- Shape internal/external collaborations and define the scope of research questions
- Extract insight from complex, unstructured biomedical image or video data to improve drug discovery and healthcare (e.g., disease identification, patient stratification, disease insights)
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making
- A Ph.D. with 2 years of post-graduate industry experience (or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience driving research in and applying Computer Vision techniques
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python, R, C++, or Java
- Extensive experience with traditional Computer Vision applications such as: OpenCV, object detection, edge detection, image segmentation
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques such as CNNs and niche architectures, RNNs, GANs,
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, including: random forest, SVM, boosting, neural networks, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience
- Passionate about leveraging data to drive scientific innovation
- At least 5 years of hands-on technical data analysis and modeling experience (across roles)
- Experience with biomedical imaging data such as pathology or radiology
- Familiarity with and exposure to drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Experience working closely with healthcare professionals
- Experience with meaningful disease biology in cancer, immunology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, or infectious disease
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of their employees, they are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge, North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1