Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our ResearchTV team. This team is responsible for the mature, but expanding, ResearchTV product within Gracenote’s video data ecosystem.
As a member of the ResearchTV team, you will be responsible for maintaining a Ruby on Rails application that is used by major entertainment groups and representatives throughout the country to gain insight on the performance of their content and talent, and to help inform their decisions on future content, distribution and pricing. You will work with large amounts of data pulled together from other Gracenote entities and pull all that data together into easily digestible interfaces.
You will also work with our product team to plan out and implement the next evolution of the ResearchTV platform, helping to expand it into new global markets and add important new features to the existing platform.
As a senior member of the team, you will help guide decisions and best practices for the rest of the engineering team to ensure a consistently high-quality product.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and highly-available software to join us in building and evolving our platform to deliver data to our customers around the world.
- You’ll maintain the existing Ruby on Rails application and work with our product team to implement new features
- You’ll manage the ingestion of data from various other Gracenote systems into the ResearchTV platform
- You’ll help triage bugs in the production system and work with the team to ensure a highly available and reliable product
- You’ll lead the code review process and facilitate knowledge-sharing sessions with the rest of the engineering team
- You’ll provide thought leadership for the development of new features and the improvement of the existing system
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Proven ability to provide leadership in engineering while giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby and Rails
- Experience working with large datasets and ETL processes
- Experience with relational databases including schema design and performance analysis
- Track-record managing a cloud-based infrastructure (preferably in AWS)
- Knowledge of how to write effective and well-defined automated tests
- Passion for creating clean, efficient code and for improving existing systems
- Self-awareness, drive, and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with React / Redux
- Experience with Git and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with DevOps tools (Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Packer, Docker, Kubernetes)
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1