We understand the importance of knowing what consumers see and buy. That is our passion and the center of our business. We study and know consumers in more than 100 countries to provide the most comprehensive insight into trends and habits around the world.
With nearly 34,000 employees in more than 100 countries around the world, Nielsen offers a wide variety of full-time career opportunities, and part time jobs for trainees and interns.
At Nielsen, we believe in talent and diversity! In Nielsen you can be you, you can grow with us and you can make a difference. At Nielsen we want you to succeed as your most authentic self.
Objective/ About The Area
The Data Science team within the Connect Technology organization supports automation and data integration initiatives at Nielsen. These responsibilities include developing and implementing production solutions that leverage Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Entity Resolution and big data solutions. The team’s current primary focus includes integrating Nielsen and client data sets and the automation of Reference Data classification using a variety of Machine Learning techniques.
- Lead productionization of Machine Learning solutions from beginning to end — direct collaboration with Data Science team, build REST APIs, wrappers, utilities and other development artifacts to support the implementation and roll out.
- Support deployment and maintenance of existing solutions in a production environment.
- Work with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and pilot R&D implementations.
- Stay abreast of developments implementation techniques and/or methodologies and changing technologies in the marketplace and proactively identify applications of these latest developments to improve existing solutions.
- Provide support for technical guidance and training of other team members.
- Ability to summarize, document, and communicate production implementation and/or roll out to audiences of varying levels of subject matter expertise.
What makes you the perfect fit for us?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- +5 years of related experience.
- Strong software development experience using Python, C/C++ and/or Java with knowledge of machine learning production implementations.
- Experience with cloud implementation methods, including the use of containers, e.g., docker, etc.
- Experience with big data technologies and platforms (e.g., Azure, Spark, Hadoop).
- Strong software engineering practices, including version control, e.g., git, test driven development, and automated delivery using open source tools (e.g., Jenkins, Sonarqube).
- Experience working with NoSQL and Relational databases.
- Good understanding and application of agile methodologies and working in agile projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested, send us your updated resume.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1