Visa is looking for Senior Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa’s Next-generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, which will push the envelope of building a highly scalable, secure, cost-effective, and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s key initiatives that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with an exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts, and infrastructure architects.
Responsibilities May Include
- Design and develop APIs, abstractions, and integration patterns for a lean SDLC process.
- Design, implement, and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components.
- Design and develop automation, management, and monitoring of our infrastructure ecosystem.
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in a production environment.
- Document design tradeoffs and long-term architecture decisions.
- Advocate for software development best practices.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or Ph.D.)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 3+ years of experience in Linux coding or systems programming.
- 3+ years of experience in application development experience in major languages, e.g: Golang/Python/C/C++.
- 2+ years of experience with automation in tools or CI/CD.
- Strong background with scripting (shell, python, go, bash, …)
- Strong background with git and complex development workflows.
- Strong background with SDLCs including version control, build process, testing, and code releases.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Jenkins platform.
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage, and networking protocols.
- Experience working in Agile development cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work Hours – This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements – This position requires no travel requirements.
Mental/Physical Requirements – This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement – Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1