At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world’s best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it’s on us, the Realtime Data Platform (RDP) team, to help bring the real time data requirements of these products to life.
We are a small team with a large impact. Together, we are building a streaming data ingestion system that allows downstream consumers to browse and receive data from a variety of sources, both internal and external. And we are looking for engineering talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As a Software Engineer for RDP, you’ll use your expertise to develop user facing features for our streaming data platform. You’ll join a team in the development of distributed systems and services using Scala, Akka, Kinesis, Kafka, NodeJS, and other open source and emerging technologies.
Utilizing your experiences in software engineering, you will play a key contributor role in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will be a team member on an Agile team, collaborating with other software engineers, architects, and product owners to create solid solutions that support Nike’s aggressive growth in the area of data. Using test driven practices to write solid application code is the essence of this position.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
• Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g Scala, Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, NodeJS)
• Experience in developing and evolving APIs requiring an understanding of HTTP
• Comfortable working in modern web framework (e.g Play, Rails, Express, Django)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work closely and effectively with peer developers
• Understanding of parallel and concurrent programming
• Proficiency with a JVM language (e.g Scala, Java, etc)
• Streaming data processing (e.g Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Pulsar)
• Comfortable working in AWS environment (e.g Lambda, Kinesis, Dynamodb, EC2, S3)
• Nice to have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Nice to have experience utilizing continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
• Nice to have analytics experience
• Nice to have front end framework experience (e.g React)
• Desire to learn new technologies and languages
- Sporting Goods
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1