In Twitter, they serve billions of ad impressions and generate millions of dollars in revenue per day. For every ad shown on Twitter, their distributed machine learning system evaluates, in real-time, millions of ad candidates behind the scenes to find the best one. When executed successfully, they create aha! moments for their users & advertisers and add huge value to the Twitter business & revenue.
They Care Deeply About
- Staying abreast of and leveraging recent advances in machine learning.
- Maximizing ROI for businesses that advertise on Twitter
- Maximizing the value that Twitter user’s get from ads they see on Twitter
- Maximizing Twitter’s revenue
Who You Are
- A machine learning software engineer with a passion for working on exciting algorithmic and deep infrastructure issues in ML environments.
- You thrive on working in concert with other smart people, including from distributed offices.
- You communicate fluidly, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood.
- You have the ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution.
- You take pride in polishing and supporting their products.
- You work hand-in-hand with modeling engineers and data-scientists, and your passion is to enable them with better infrastructure.
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets (multi-terabyte, 100MM+ daily transaction volumes)
- Review literature for the latest machine learning techniques
- Design experimental features, model architectures, and loss functions for improving the value extracted from each real-time ad auction on Twitter
- Senior-level experience and MS or Ph.D. in computer science
- Fluent in one or more object-oriented languages like Java, Scala, C#, C++
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Knowledgeable of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable conducting design and code reviews
- Experienced in operating Linux-based systems
- Passionate about working with large unstructured and structured data sets
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1