Slack is hiring a Senior Researcher to join their Research & Analytics team. This team is focused on improving product value throughout the entire customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes, and cultures. To do this, they provide research at every stage of the product development cycle. As a researcher, you are embedded in a product vertical alongside a team of designers, PMs, engineers, and other cross-functional partners. In addition to conducting many different types of practical and impactful research, you are also passionate about helping to build and maintain the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Their work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. They are looking to bring on a senior researcher who is an excellent communicator, passionate about technology, comfortable in a flat, dynamic organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of Slack. You’ll help them conduct best-in-class research in order to better deliver on Slack’s mission: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—they look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In their work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You Will Be Doing
- Gather and prioritize key questions from the product, design, engineering, and product marketing teams.
- Plan and conduct practical, impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, to answer the questions posed above.
- Gather insights about customers and developers from a variety of research methods, including surveys, interviews, diary studies, and usability studies.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in the most engaging and actionable manner.
- Work closely with the product teams to help them use research insights to make Slack better.
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story about their Platform.
- Act as an internal evangelist for customer and product research.
What You Should Have
- 5+ years industry, research experience
- Masters or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong story-telling skills and an ability to frame insights into compelling narratives
- Familiarity with developing or using product/marketing frameworks to align cross-functional teams
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform a wide variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where they learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. They welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. They are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1