What You’ll Be Doing
As a staff data scientist on the Interests team, you will
- Design, implement and analyze experiments to determine how changes to the platform affect user behavior and refine their theoretical understanding of users’ interests and the communities they form.
- Conduct analyses to better understand the performance of their content recommendation, ranking, and clustering systems. Use this understanding to evaluate the performance of these systems and suggest improvements to them.
- Create accurately and statistically sound summary metrics to evaluate the performance of Interests related products and motivate teams’ targets/KRs.
- Communicate findings to executives and cross-functional teams.
What It Takes
- Advanced degree in a discipline that uses statistical analysis and 4+ years of experience (or 7+ years of total experience).
- Experience with one or more of the following in an applied business setting advanced statistical techniques for A/B testing, methods for experimental design, observational causal inference, or quasi-experimental analysis.
- Solid understanding of the design and analysis of recommender systems.
- The track record for executing independent projects and leading complex, multi-functional projects with several dependencies.
- Strong proficiency with Python / R and SQL.
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists and enthusiasm for building out a new data science team.
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. They believe the conversation can change the world, and that’s why Tweeps (that’s what they call Twitter employees) come to work every day.
Job opportunities should be equal. They don’t discriminate. Period. In legal terms, that means Twitter is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1