A Technical Lead is a hands-on lead engineer role who is responsible for the delivery of software core components/projects within a system and can lead the technical implementation of one or more projects. Platform team is all about creating reusable services that operate in a high-scale, distributed ecommerce environment. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. This Technical lead will need to have very strong experience with MicroServices, REST APIs, and Messaging techniques software engineering and be hands-on as needed as well as have some Big Data and NoSQL development experience. The successful applicant will work closely with Product Owner & Manager, Architects, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. As a member of the platform team, you will work on a dedicated team focused to create, maintain and evangelize high performance scalable service patterns for Macy’s digital domains such as Mobile, Website and Digital in Store. This person will design core capabilities for Platform that scale and extend predictably in a multi-tenant environment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and development of MicroServices, integration, reference implementations using standards and guidelines that support high volumes, are fast, simple, reliable, distributed, and easy to extend and maintain.
- Design, implement and unit test, functional-test, server-side java code.
- Develop and implement platform core capacities to abstract and support REST, Messaging, Caching, Vault and authentication.
- Provide oversight to valued partners and development organizations.
- Design and implement REST APIs, Messaging, Caching, Batch and other core capabilities of Platform.
- Work in a full Agile collaborative environment – including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Work with senior engineers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- Hands-on system design and development as needed.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 5+ years of full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s).
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with MicroServices, REST, Java Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON, and messaging techniques.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Java technologies that includes Spring boot, Spring framework and Hibernate.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies such as HBase, Cassandra, Document DBs and In-Memory NoSQL and Caches.
- Experience working with multi-threaded programming in high performance, distributed environments.
- Experience with UML diagramming is required.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability as a problem-solver.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, customer focus environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1