Who They Are
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Their algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to their catalog, to enabling their customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
The Data Science Search & Recommendations team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to focus on leveraging customer behavior and product attributes to personalize the Wayfair customer experience. In this role, you’ll partner with fellow data scientists, engineers, analysts, and product managers to bring their next-generation deep learning search query understanding models to life. You’ll test and explore state-of-the-art deep learning techniques on terabytes of data. You’ll explore how to evaluate the query understanding models both offline and online. You’ll scale solutions to serve billions of searches each day, invent solutions to keep the models up-to-date with new and trendy search languages and think about how to wrangle with real-time inference constraints. The models you develop will have a tremendous business impact, directly measurable through their online A/B test platform.
What You’ll Do
- Own the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Architect and build technical platforms for their algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Uncover deep insights hidden in their vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Provide a strong partnership with business and engineering teams
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment, and advanced degree (Ph.D.) in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.)
- An intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts, and desire to influence business decisions
- High comfort level with Python (preferred), or with other languages such as R, Java, C#, etc.,
- Machine Learning experience (such as supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning, NLP, etc.)
- Deep Learning in NLP, seq2seq, and text classification experience strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Bonus points for intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to always be learning
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in their global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in their warehouses or offices throughout the world, they’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through their commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, they are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. They’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate their differences, and know that their unique perspectives make them stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. They value and rely on the collective voices of their employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide them as they build a better Wayfair – and the world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why they’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1