The Medicare Advantage Stars Data Science Senior Manager will build and oversee a team responsible for developing strategic analytic insights for Cigna Medicare Star Ratings. The candidate selected for this role will be a Stars technical subject matter expert who is responsible for management of the Stars Data Science team within the Stars and Risk Adjustment Department and will be critical in driving technical and analytical enhancements to further improve Cigna’s Medicare Star ratings. This person will lead the design and development of advanced analytics, including data mining, predictive modeling, and other complex statistical analyses, using a broad array of datasets to focus on identifying areas for Stars quality improvement.
Results of these analyses will be synthesized into actionable information to assist Stars leadership in making critical business decisions related to enhancements to existing programs, development of new pilots and initiatives, and other opportunities to maximize Stars affordability and enterprise value. The candidate selected for this role will develop and maintain a matrix orientated relationships across the Medicare Stars team and other internal business teams responsible for operations which impact Star Ratings. The ideal candidate will have a passion for healthcare analytics, a creative mindset for approaching data in innovative ways, and strong mentorship abilities to help foster team growth.
- Directly lead a technical team to provide accurate and timely analyses in support of national and market-level Stars operations, vendor engagements, and strategy execution.
- Manage the research and development of analytic insights to provide actionable information to leadership on existing and new Star Ratings programs and initiatives.
- Apply state-of-the-art data science techniques and exploratory data methodologies to structured and unstructured datasets to generate accurate models and projections of Stars performance and drivers.
- Assist leadership in identifying analytic priorities and create and oversee project management plans for a large number of multifaceted projects.
- Prepare Executive-level planned and ad hoc reports and presentations on Star Ratings analyses that translate highly complex concepts into easily understandable content.
- Act as a Medicare Stars data science Subject Matter Expert, providing mentorship, guidance, and intricate problem solving support within Stars Operations for HEDIS, CAHPS, HOS, Pharmacy, and Administrative measure data and analytics.
- Serve as an expert on Cigna data and utilize data governance processes to identify and integrate new datasets into the Stars analytic environment.
- Develop robust quality assurance testing for all data collected/utilized and analyses performed.
- Work effectively and efficiently on multiple tasks and deadlines, while producing high quality results.
- Develop talent within the Stars Analytics team to ensure strong growth and succession options are available.
- 5+ years of professional experience in healthcare analytics or a related field.
- Experience in data science, analytics, statistics, or a related field (or 10+ years relevant work experience).
- Track record of managing and leading analytics teams focused on strategy, insights, and improvement.
- Deep understanding of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets, including:
- Statistical Analysis Software (e.g., SAS, R, Stata, etc.)
- SQL Server – Stored Procedures and Query Development
- Microsoft Excel – Experience with Macros is a plus
- Tableau – Required
- Teradata – Required
- Python – Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of the CMS Star Rating System, including Administrative, HEDIS, CAHPS, HOS, and Pharmacy Measures.
- Extensive knowledge of customer eligibility data, medical claims, pharmacy claims, and customer experience/self-report data.
- Ability to understand business operations requirements and translate them into technical applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to communicate complex concepts to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and proven ability to perform in a matrix environment.
- Strong ability to work autonomously and deal with ambiguity.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 117,800 – 196,400 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna Group.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1