Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist in Janssen Business Technology located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceuticals is looking for an extraordinary Scientist who is passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients and Janssen. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to use the data to build business value.
In this role you will stay on the cutting edge of privacy informatics by doing novel research and developing models and algorithms to estimate and manage privacy risk in data and study reports. Potential projects include implementing tools for measuring risk in big dataset(s), building visualizations to communicate privacy risk with stakeholders, and developing methods to address missing or incomplete data. The role requires a broad knowledge of applied statistics, data wrangling, data integration methods, and visualization creation. The ideal candidate will have grounded knowledge in the field of statistics or data sciences, programming in R, and creativity to invent, customize, and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions. The candidate will be part of a dynamic, accomplished team that will support the Data Sciences organization.
- M.S. with 2 years of experience, or Ph.D, in Statistics, Computer Sciences, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Physics, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of statistics as applied to data analysis and modeling
- Experience using R for data manipulation, visualization and modelling.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as R, Python, or Java.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, Bayesian models.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining.
- This position can be based in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ or Spring House, PA.
- Experience communicating methods and results to business partners.
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment with exposure to INFORMATICA, Redshift and Teradata.
- Knowledge of health informatics, including familiarity with health outcomes databases (claim, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies) and clinical trial registries.
- Understanding of clinical data model/standards/vocabularies such as MedDRA, SNOMED, CDISC, CDM and RxNORM.
- Experience building population statistics to compare to the prevalence of elements in the analysis dataset.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1