Their Summer Internship program also includes instructor-led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership, and community service. In addition to individual position-specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in their Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. Given 5 business days to complete this mission, they are confident that their interns will make an impact on their business. This week culminates with teams presenting their solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders.
- Solve some of the most complex problems in healthcare, translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Design, develop, and validate statistical models for novel medical applications. Areas of team focus include Clinical Trial analytics
- Evaluate and assess novel tools, algorithms, and technologies that enable data science capabilities
- Provide support functions around model-building, including data cleaning and code review
- Ability to understand and peer-review complex, multivariable statistical models and data analytics solutions using machine learning algorithms
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose intelligent solutions
- Bring to production developed methods and code for integration with existing/new products
- Work directly with our team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research, and mathematics as well as senior interfaces from leading life sciences companies across the globe
- Ability to translate business challenges into data pipelines & model framework, owning and driving successful projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate highly technical methods to diverse audiences to shape decision-making with a collaborative focus
- Fluency in statistical tools and programming languages that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (Python, R, C++, Java, SQL)
- Ability to apply machine learning and analytical algorithms (classification, regressions, feature selection, etc.)
Your Education & Experience
- Working towards Bachelors or Masters in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or another quantitative field with a strong foundation in statistical methodology and computation
- Experience with statistical analysis in a healthcare-related field
- Experience with large healthcare datasets, machine learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection, etc.)
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Their products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, they pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting for patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1