TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Its mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
Building a world where people can safely discover, create and connect.
The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that their global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of their applications.
They are seeking an experienced threat data scientist with an investigative and adversarial mindset to help identify our gaps before nefarious actors beat them to it. The product exploitation threat data scientist will conduct threat analysis in priority areas of monetization products, new feature launches, and targeting behaviors towards their users. The work of the Product Exploitation team is critical to TikTok user safety, and the threat data scientist will have the opportunity to identify and mitigate the most harmful threats targeting the platform and the users.
What will I be doing?
– Work cross-functionally with product managers, program managers, operations, policy, and communications teams to find gaps in current threat response processes such as detection and mitigation.
– Work with a team of experts that not only respond to known bad actors, but proactively search and identify potential threats in order to build scalable protections to keep them out.
– Identify deceptive behavior of threat actors and collect and analyze signals through data analysis, and work with engineers to improve detection models and develop data driven mitigation strategies.
– Actively strengthen intelligence gathering, and investigation SOPs.
What should I bring with me?
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, International Affairs, or other relevant field
– 3+ years of experience in threat analysis or investigations, such as Trust and Safety, Fraud, Integrity, Product Development, or Financial Crimes
– 3-5 years experience conducting data analysis and statistical modeling
– A proven record of identifying signals of nefarious behavior or feature abuse and using creativity with research experience to mitigate complex threats
– Experience investigating high harm threat actors across global markets
– An understanding of online deceptive and manipulative behavior. Proven knowledge of the signals of specific threat actors, their cross-platform tactics, and how they evolve or change over time.
– Strong and proven data analysis skills
– SQL, Python, or similar scripting language skills
– Strong critical thinking skills with ability to apply theorems or analytical techniques to discover insights that are not readily apparent
– Experience building predictive models
– Excellent communication skills
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1