At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist you will work on extraction, management, modeling and generation of key features that extract efficiency out of thousands of technology engagements in service of a vast array of industry applications with the intent to improve the performance, effect and revenue output of key sales and go to market functions.
- Identifying and extracting reliable features from a rich set of data sources, and socialize targeting with key stakeholders to drive reliable, ongoing metric driven instrumentation of a core element of IBM’s business.
- Using data science techniques, and state of the art open source and proprietary tools to establish impactful and user-centric data representation method and visualizations.
- Collaboration and communications of goals and objectives across an ecosystem of technology leaders to identify critical data sources and features.
- Thinking outside of the box on what insights would help drive data driven commercial impact and working to provide those insights in an iterative and agile way.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Data Science
- Feature extraction
- Model generation / management / Deployment
- Object, Table and Document based data management
- ML / DL / RL package experience in Python or R
- Experience with Data Visualization Tooling
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Strong Data Science / Data Management Skills
- Current, Cloud Native development and devops skills
- Tech sales experience a plus
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
They consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship required.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1