Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, they didn’t get to where they are by hiring ordinary individuals. They got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
As a User Interface (UI) Designer, you’ll help define and drive the future of their automated underwriting platform.
In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to create innovative experiences across their underwriting and analysis products. You must be a great systems-level design thinker and visionary who will provide clear, research-driven direction for a talented team of developers. You will need to possess an understanding of key design principles such as typography, illustration, imagery, content, and composition, and excel in wielding them in a web design application.
What you will be doing:
- Create mock-ups of individual design elements for their platform products
- Produce consistent rules and guidelines for the use of all common design elements across apps, i.e. headings, dates, sub-titles, etc.
- Manage an over-arching design style guide for their applications, to keep the rules simple and documented
- Build relationships with stakeholders and the product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive and efficient
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and stakeholders
- Work with UX designers and developers to implement attractive designs
- Continually monitor competing products and industry trends and communicate these developments with the product team and stakeholders
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, often in combination with travel
- Other skills related to building a career in UI design!
The education and experience we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in UI design
- Portfolio of UI-focused work samples for web and mobile applications, including high fidelity mockups (or links to resulting work), and background information on each project
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or relevant work experience
What skills you should have:
- The skills to lead a project from wireframes to approved visual designs
- Comfort with the constraints and requirements of a ‘responsive’ design that automatically adjusts for varying device and window sizes
- Someone who enjoys and understands the dynamics of modern digital products and has a strong perspective on best practices for optimizing customer experiences
- The ability to work with both design and functional restrictions to help produce attractive, user-friendly, and intuitive interfaces
- Excel at presenting work to a client and explaining design decisions
- Experience working with a cross functional team, partnering with users, product managers, UX designers, developers and data scientists to deliver business value
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach
- Familiarity with design and prototyping software such as: Figma, Sketch, and Adobe
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Still reading? Then we think you should apply!
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call them at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1