Black Swan Data creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Their products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. They analyze consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes – they call this “Social Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team, they thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, today they employ around 260 people across 3 continents and are set to grow even more throughout the years.
The Exec Data Science Director will lead innovation across the entire Data Science team, that is, the data scientists and the data engineers across all Black Swan Data locations – primarily London, UK and Szeged, Hungary.
The day to day responsibilities of an Executive Data Science Director:
- Lead development of data science strategy for Black Swan with world-class R&D in an environment that is rich in complex text, image, operational, and business data.
- Lead and manage a global data science group including expertise in statistics, text and image analysis, data-driven predictive analytics, and computer science.
- Recruit, develop, and manage capabilities in machine learning, statistical modeling, and other computational approaches to extract insights from large proprietary and public consumer data sources.
- Establish and support collaboration between data scientists and data engineers for the development of novel data analytic approaches and integrated decision science solutions.
- Represent Black Swan R&D global data science capabilities with their partners, in the scientific community and to select partner clients.
- Initiate and manage any R&D workstreams with external partners.
- Design and implement system-wide standards for analytical workflows that adhere to best practices for reproducible research
- Provide expert analytical, technical and professional mentorship to Data Science Consultants and Associates.
- Sets company-wide standards for the creation of training materials and leads the development of classes to help develop data science competence across the organization.
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning, data mining, statistical methodology and demonstrated experience using these techniques to solve research and consumer problems.
- Experience in strategy development and strategic leadership in R&D or business environments.
- Experience with people management with global, diverse talent.
- Passion for collaboration and working with and inspiring cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of digital product development.
- Experience with computer science methodologies, high-performance computing, data engineering, software development, and data modeling and architecture.
- Deep knowledge of text analytics and natural language processing.
- Interest in consumer products and consumer research.
- Expert knowledge of at least one scripting language suitable for data science work such as R or Python.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field and at least 7 years of relevant, post-graduate work experience in analytics in a fast-paced, product-oriented environment.
What They Offer?
Exciting Clients and Projects – Working with Black Swan they promise to provide an exciting and ever-changing industry within Data Science and Predictive Analysis across innovative and challenging projects with some of the leading Brands using the industries’ latest technologies.
Talented Teams – They have the best talent in the market – They are hiring the best of the best as a swan you are exposed to highly skilled and multi-disciplined teams over the world. They have 8 offices across 4 countries!
Career Development – Regardless of which area of the business you work in you can expect to collaborate on all aspects of Black Swan’s projects gaining the exposure you need to develop your expertise. No matter what stage you are in your career your development is their priority.
Working environment – Because you spend 60% of your time at work, they try to make it enjoyable: Daily supply of the all the snacks you can eat in their all-day kitchens, Fridays Wobbly trolley – (check them out on their Instagram page!) Monthly Breakfast courtesy of Black Swan.
They want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction. How about you?
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1