Dataiku’s mission is big: to enable all people throughout companies around the world to use data by removing friction surrounding data access, cleaning, modeling, deployment, and more. But it’s not just about technology and processes; at Dataiku, they also believe that people (including their people!) are a critical piece of the equation.
They’re looking to fill an opening for Vice President, Sales Engineering at Dataiku.
The VP of Sales Engineering oversees Dataiku’s global team of Sales Engineers and Sales Engineering managers. With more than 25 team members today, the team will likely grow to 40+ in the coming 12 months.
The Sales Engineering function at Dataiku is the primary technical function within the Sales organization, providing pre-sales support to the Account Executives and directly contributing to Dataiku’s revenue objectives. As the “trusted advisors” in the sales process, the Sales Engineers help to build interest in Dataiku, build the solution to the prospect’s needs, and then build the evaluation to provide the prospect with the proof that they need to make their purchasing decision.
The Vice President role is a key, senior management role at Dataiku, reporting directly into the Chief Revenue Officer. The VP of Sales Engineering will own objectives related to their ability to deliver compelling, highly technical customer engagements in the field. Key responsibilities in the coming months will be the enablement of the existing team, hiring for 2020, and ensuring excellence in their execution.
Given the cross-cutting nature of the function, this role will have direct interaction with top management and the executive team.
- Monitor key metrics relevant to the efficiency and efficacy of our sales delivery
- Establish and oversee technical enablement for the Sales Engineering team
- Directly manage the Regional Sales Engineering Managers
- Contribute to the development of the 2020 hiring plan, and then execute on that plan, directly overseeing the hiring of 15+ sales engineers
- Oversee onboarding and enablement efforts
- Coordinate closely with the post-sales Customer team to ensure smooth handovers of new clients
- Coordinate closely with the Product, Engineering, and R&D teams to ensure that the needs of the field are appropriately communicated back to those who can address them in the product
- 10+ years of professional experience, including significant team management experience
- Enterprise sales experience in the B2B software sector, ideally in the big data, analytics, ML, and/or AI spaces
- Strong technical knowledge related to data science, analytics, distributed computing (on-premise and cloud), ML and their applications and constraints in the enterprise
- Experience rapidly hiring highly technical profiles
- Analytic, data-driven mindset for setting up and measuring team staffing and other key delivery metrics
- A bridge-building communication style, with excellent written and verbal skills, to collaborate proactively with the many teams at Dataiku on which the success of the role dependsExperience working in a target driven environment, and the ability to work towards deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ambition and an appreciation for “reach” objectives, where the goal is to make a maximum impact with minimum resources
- Ideally located in (or willing to relocate to) New York, Denver, Paris, or London. However, remote is a possibility for the right candidate
- Opportunity to have significant responsibility at Dataiku early on and help scale the company in a meaningful and measurable way
- Competitive compensation package, equity, health benefits, and paid vacation
- Trips to Paris
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate and driven team
- Dataiku has a strong culture based on key values: Ownership, Passion, Autonomy and Friendliness
Dataiku is an end-to-end collaboration platform that is revolutionizing how data science teams from 5 to 5,000 people work together to create and share insights from big data. Their software is designed to be the one place where everyone in the data science process works together: it’s as powerful for PhD data scientists as it is for Business Analysts as it is for Dev Ops engineers as it is for IT professionals. Their customers include companies like GE, Unilever, Fox, Comcast, Capgemini, and many more. They raised their $101 million Series C in December 2018 with Iconiq Ventures, a preeminent VC fund known for their highly selective investment strategy. They’re growing really quickly (more than doubling every year), and they’re building out their global presence with amazing team members in France, the US, the UK, the Netherlands, and Singapore (with more locations on the way). They’re looking for really talented, smart, kind, and genuinely curious individuals to work alongside them.
To fulfill its mission, Dataiku is growing fast (having just closed a $101 million Series C round in December 2018 and looking to double in 2019), but still maintains a startup spirit. Dataiku serves its global customer base from its headquarters in New York City as well as offices in Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, and Sydney. Each of their offices has a unique culture, but underpinning local nuances, they always value curiosity, collaboration, and can-do attitudes.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1