As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform their clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how they live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Health is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. They live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations today. New opportunities are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
The Rapid Development is a team of Scientists and Cognitive Software Developers within IBM Watson Health Imaging. In collaboration with cross-functional Watson Health teams, IBM Research and external partners, the team develops cognitive solutions that combine imaging and clinical data to enhance clinical decision making. The team is responsible for developing and validating robust and scalable cognitive services (text analytics and image analytics) and applications, including validation and evaluation of technologies being transferred from Research and other collaborators. The team follows Agile and DevOps methodologies to enable rapid iteration and responsiveness.
They are looking for self-motivated and driven candidates that are passionate about working on cutting edge technologies and that thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Design and development of robust algorithms and techniques using machine learning and one or both of (a) text analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP) or (b) image processing, Computer Vision
- Rapid development and validation of cognitive solutions by using and/or enhancing existing methodologies, frameworks and architecture
- Development of criteria for testing algorithm and system’s cognitive performance objectively from end-user and market perspective. Conduct performance evaluation and testing of algorithms and systems on test and real clinical data
- Work with clinical collaboration and joint development partners to develop cognitive solutions
- Support collection and annotation of data for algorithm development and evaluation
- Integration of cognitive systems and components in Watson Health architecture, including Watson Health cloud
- Planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with minimum supervision
- Conduct product development in compliance with Watson Health’s methodology, practices and Quality Management system.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1-3 years experience with solving real-world problems using Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Image Processing, and Machine Learning,
- Strong experience in Machine Learning, including deep learning and statistical models
- Strong Programming skills (Java/J2EE, C++, Python) and experience with software systems architecture, web services, web applications, and current software development tools, technologies and frameworks
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Demonstrated communication and cross-functional collaboration skills;
- PhD in Text Processing / NLP or Image Processing / Computer Vision
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Strong knowledge of either (a) clinical information analytics domain, having applied NLP and machine learning techniques on unstructured data in EMRs, or (b) medical imaging domain, having applied computer vision and machine learning techniques on modalities such as X-ray, CT, MR, Ultrasound, etc.
- Interest or experience with healthcare information protocols and common interoperability standards, such as IHE, HL7, DICOM, XDS and IHE, and healthcare systems such as PACS, EMR, EHR, HIS and RIS;
- PhD in Text Processing / NLP applied to medical reports, or Image Processing / Computer Vision applied to medical imaging.
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. They aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. They believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1