As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform their clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes, and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open-source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real-world problems for the industries transforming how they live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Research Leader directs large research and analysis projects, providing leadership and management over the design and implementation as part of a team that delivers healthcare information and consulting services to government and other clients.
- Lead the design and implementation of healthcare research studies to address issues on the costs and quality of behavioral and other healthcare, disparities in behavioral and other healthcare services, economic trends in cost and utilization, and/or other key health policy areas.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and teams of researchers, research leaders, programmers, analysts, and statisticians through the organization to design and deliver innovative projects.
- Contribute to the new business development process by actively leading or collaborating on proposal development efforts.
- Prepare and review complex client deliverables including interpretation of results, reports, technical memoranda, posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
- Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs and meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Manage financial performance by monitoring project budget and costs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years’ previous healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience related to health research
- Previous work history with administrative claims, survey data, or other patient-level data
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and external clients in a leadership capacity
- Outstanding critical thinking, questioning, and listening skills; superior attention to detail
- Ability to act with purpose and work both independently and within a team environment
- Proven project management and consensus-building experience
- Time management skills for managing multiple individuals and team tasks simultaneously, while completing work on time and on budget
- PharmD/MPH/MS/Ph.D. in health economics, economics, health services research, or related field
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Recent history of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience using Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. They aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join them, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. They believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society, and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, they are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
They consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1